- Online Services Pay Fines, Transcripts...
- Forms & Fees Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
The following links take you to the California Courts website and offers information on various types of appeals.
This Web page gives you only general information about appeals in limited and unlimited civil cases.
When you appeal a small claims judgment, you ask the superior court to change the small claims court judge's decision. You will have another court hearing and must present your case again.
A traffic appeal is when someone who loses a case in a trial court (such as a person who is found guilty of a traffic offense in a trial court) asks a higher court (the appellate court) to review the trial court's decision.